Getting Ready to Sell Your Home
- Deep clean: What does that mean? It means that you will clean all the baseboards in the home, change all filters and clean all vents, clean all windows, clean all bathrooms thoroughly to were there is no black residue or water stains, clean all light fixtures to remove bugs or dust, clean all blinds and all fans. Your home must look as if it was brand new, even if its not, because that is what buyers expect.
- Landscape: Trim all bushes to be able to see all windows in the home’s front and back. Ad new mulch. If you have big trees in front of the property, make sure to trim to were it looks clean and you can actually see the front of the home. If you will water as needed ad color flowers, but if you won’t take care of it, it’s better to go with low maintenance bushes.
- Fresh neutral paint throughout the home. I tell my sellers; if there’s only one thing you’re going to do, paint! Neutral is very important as we all have different tastes in color. When in doubt, ask your realtor. She or he should be able to make recommendations.
- Power wash the outside of the home, driveway, and any concrete on the back of the home.
- Fresh paint the outside as well if necessary.
- Make sure all light bulbs are working and all smoke detectors have batteries.
- It’s always a good idea to service and check your A/C.
- Declutter and depersonalize: Less is more! If you like many little things in your home, they have to go. Your personal things will distract buyers, and you want them visualizing their furniture in your home, so make sure they have as little distraction as possible.
- Remove smells. Ask a friend of yours to be honest about any particular smells in your home. If there is one, open windows and make sure you do everything in your power to get rid of it.
- For showings, make sure all blinds are open so you can benefit from natural light. Make sure all lights are on. Make all the beds and keep the house in show condition every day until you are under contract.
For additional tips on how to make your home ready for selling contact me at (832) 455 5648 or email@example.com