You just closed on your new home
Congratulations! If this is your first home, pay special attention. If you have been through a few, you might already know some of what I am about to say.
After you’re done celebrating, and before you start stressing about moving in, make sure to do the following:
Scan all your closing documents and save them in at least two different places. Some title companies will give you flash drives saving you the need to scan them.From that big pile of documents, the following will be very helpful when you sell your home and for other transactions.
- Warranty Deed
- HUD-1 or Closing Statement; that long piece of paper with all the numbers on it.
- Survey, the drawing of the property.
- Deed of Trust (if you financed the purchase)
- Home Warranty
- Any other warranty that was transferred to you or that comes with the home.
- Any manuals for appliances or mechanicals.
- Any inspections that you might have done to the property.
- The appraisal for the home done by the bank.
- Floor plan, elevation and any information about the builder and any upgrades your home might have.
- If it is a brand new home make sure to go online and find out if your A/C units or water heaters might be eligible for an extended warranty. You will have a limited time to do so, so make sure to do it quickly.
If you are looking to purchase a home, don’t forget to hire a professional to look after your interests!
Call Karla Arjona (832) 455-5648